The scientific-research sanitary-hygienic laboratory of the Institute of Public Health and Professional Health of NC JSC "MUK"
Scientific-research sanitary-hygienic laboratory was founded in 2007 as
an interdepartmental hygiene laboratory. The purpose of creation was the need
to ensure the educational process with modern means of measuring industrial and
environmental factors and research in the field of industrial hygiene, ecology
In 2010, the interdepartmental sanitary-hygienic laboratory was reorganized in scientific-research sanitary-hygienic laboratory and included in the Scientific-Research Center of KSMU.
In 2016 the scientific-research sanitary-hygienic laboratory successfully passed the accreditation according to GOST ISO / IEC 17025-2009 "General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories" (Certificate KZ.T.1758).
In 2019, in connection with the reorganization of KSMU into a non-profit joint stock company "Medical University of Karaganda" (NC JSC "MUK"), the scientific-research sanitary-hygienic laboratory became a structural unit of the Institute of Public Health and Professional Health of NC JSC "MUK"
The laboratory is included in the "List of specialized organizations for performance appraisal of labour facilities under working conditions" posted on the official Internet resource of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The primary purpose of the sanitary-hygienic laboratory is:
• logistic providing of practical trainings with bachelor, master, doctoral students and students of the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies.
• conducting fundamental, theoretical and exploratory research on critical issues of hygiene, occupational medicine, ecology;
• logistic providing and scientific support of scientific studies of bachelor, master, doctoral students and teachers of NC JSC "MUK";
• implementation of contract work for the sanitary-hygienic studies on facilities in different sectors of industry;
• certification of industrial facilities on working conditions;
The main areas of research activity of the laboratory:
• development of professional health risks of the working population;
• hygienic studies of chrysotile asbestos production;
• environmental conditions of industrial regions;
• physiological studies of the labour process;
• grant research projects;
• innovation grants for technology commercialization.
The laboratory is equipped with modern portable digital media measuring devices. There is a modern mobile hygienic laboratory. Highly sensitive measuring units and devices are regularly tested by the state examination and included in the register of measuring instruments and equipment of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The staff of scientific-research sanitary-hygienic laboratory :
Zharylkassyn Zhengіsbek, Head of Laboratory, PhD, Associate Professor
Grebeneva Olga, Principal Research Scientist, MD, Associate Professor
Namazbayeva Zulkia, Principal Research Scientist, MD, Professor;
Otarov Ertay, Principal Research Scientist, MD, Professor of NC JSC "MUK";
Shadetova Almagul, lead researcher, PhD;
Alexeyev Alexey, PhD-student, researcher.
Tilemissov Magzhan, Master in Public Health, researcher.
Rusyaev Mikhail, researcher, master in biology;
Kyzkenova Aikorkem, Junior researcher, master of technology degree;
Nurlan Gulmaral, research Intern, master of technology degree
Head of Laboratory, Doctor of Medical Sciences (senior research doctoral degree), professor.
The staff of research sanitary laboratories are engaged in research activities, actively participate in national and international scientific conferences, including, presentations and publications in international journals.
Head of the Laboratory Zharylkassyn Zhengіsbek, PhD, Associate Professor
Address: Karaganda, 40, Gogol st, office 137,139
Tel .: 8 (7212) 51-39-30 ad. 1522, 1344.